5:45 p.m., Thursday, August 22, FSU Alumni Center, 1030 West Tennessee St.
Earn 2 contact hours toward Florida RN and APRN licensing requirements.
Joint continuing education event hosted by the Tallahassee Council of Advanced Practice Nurses, Sigma Theta Tau Beta Pi (FSU) and Rho Kappa (FAMU) Chapters.
Must register by midnight, Sunday, August 18. REGISTER HERE.
- Susan LaJoie, DrPH, MSN, APRN-C, assistant professor and nurse practitioner, Family Medicine and Rural Health, FSU, College of Medicine
- Robin Hassler Thompson, JD, MA, executive director, Survive and Thrive Advocacy Center
- Define human trafficking and identify the scope of the problem.
- Recognize the common indicators and “red flags” for trafficking.
- Discuss the approach for a patient who is a suspected victim.
- Identify national, state and local resources for patients impacted by human trafficking.
- Discuss mandated reporting and Florida law requirements.
- Free to DNP students
- $10 for members of one of these organizations
- $20 for nonmembers
Schedule of Events:
- Sign-in/networking: 5:45-6:15 p.m.
- Plated dinner buffet: 6 p.m.
- Presentation: 6:15-8:15 p.m.