STAC was created to fill these needs and meet this challenge
Survive and Thrive Advocacy Center is a Coordinator and Service Provider for Victims of Human Trafficking
- Provide emergency and joint case management for victims;
- Work with existing agencies and organizations as a single point of contact for those who are assisting victims;
- Collaborate to provide needed services to victims such as shelter, case management, health care, legal services, education, job assistance, and counseling; and
- Promote public awareness of human trafficking.
To help human trafficking survivors in the 2nd Judicial Circuit of Florida (Leon, Gadsden, Jefferson, Liberty, Franklin, and Wakulla) as well as work with organizations statewide, across the nation and throughout the world.
Who We Help:
- Victims of Sex Trafficking or Labor Trafficking
- Children and Adults – without regard to gender or gender identity
- Citizens and Non-U.S. Citizens
- Community Groups, Professionals, Faith Communities, Colleges and Universities
- ANYONE in our area who would like to learn more about human trafficking
Who We Work With:
- The Big Bend Coalition Against Human Trafficking (BBCAHT), an information-sharing coalition comprised of federal, state and local law enforcement, state agencies, the faith community, and social service agencies and led by the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Florida;
- The FSU Center for the Advancement of Human Rights who has been providing direct services to immigrant trafficking victims, particularly legal representation and case management, and has been a leader in Florida and nationally in the area of human of trafficking; and
- Community groups and others who want to learn more about trafficking and assist trafficking survivors.
STAC does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
STAC is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, nation origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.